Monday, July 9, 2012

Baby on Board

On June 29, the day after my friend had her baby boy, I took a pregnancy test. It was negative. I had a good cry on the 30th as I figured I was out this month. But then on July 1st, my temperature was still 98.18 so I took a pregnancy test. It was positive! It was perfect timing since my husband's birthday was July 2nd. We were in Breckenridge, CO at the time. 

Today I had a doctor's appointment. I am very thankful that the doctor is seeing me right away. He had me do blood work (my fifth time drawing blood in 2012) to check betas and progesterone levels. I should have results on Wednesday. My due date is March 12th so that would make this baby my lucky charm. What better month to have a rainbow baby?

I am very excited, but also incredibly nervous. Every little twitch has me second guessing myself.  My first ultrasound will be in two weeks on July 24th. I am hopeful because I am experiencing some queasiness that I did not with my first pregnancy. Every afternoon I seem to cramp up. Perhaps I am not drinking enough water? There are several of the TTCAL girls who are part of the March 2013 board, two of whom I had lunch with in Los Angeles...that is very cool.

Today I am pregnant (5 weeks) and thrilled. I am going to take this one day at a time, be thankful for the aches and pains and pray this baby continues to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment