Monday, April 2, 2012

Ready For A New Start

I have just scheduled an appointment to see a new OBGYN on Friday. I am hopeful that he can answer some questions for me and do any necessary testing to make sure that a future pregnancy will be more successful.

I have zero confidence in my prior one.When I found out I was pregnant, her office scheduled me for my first appointment for 8w5d. Considering that I miscarried at 7w5d, I never actually got to see her or speak to her while I was pregnant. When I started bleeding and throughout the miscarriage, I could reach the office, but never got to speak to her, and only once to her nurse. When I went in for my follow up, she did a quick ultrasound and found no tissue remaining. I asked about testing and she said there was some that could be done, but that even if something was found, not much could be done to help me. Her parting words were, "See you for your annual or if you get pregnant again before then." Really? That is it. I was naive then and believe her.

But now I know differently. Since joining the TTCAL (Trying to Conceive After Loss) group on The Bump, I have been enlightened and realize how wrong she was about not being able to do anything for me. I have heard about all kinds of tests and even a special doctor called a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). I am looking forward to my visit on Friday so that I can move forward rather than remain in the holding pattern I feel that I have been in!

I feel like we have already wasted a lot of time over the last three years through cycles I did not chart, times we did not try and times when one of us was traveling. I am definitely ready for a new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment