Saturday, October 13, 2012
Names
Now that we know our little one is a girl, it is time to find a name for her. I am currently looking through the list of names on a website called Baby Names. I am sifting through thousands of girl names, 90% of which I would never, ever consider. There are some truly awful names on that site. As a teacher, I am very cognizant of the fact that a child's name can lead to teasing and bullying. Some of the names I keep reading just make me shudder and ask..."Who would name their daughter that?" But clearly someone has or they would not end up on that list. Foe example, I just finished the P names and Peanut was on the list. Really? That is an adorable nickname for a parent to call their little infant, but to saddle the child with that for their entire life? Can you imagine the teasing? Can you imagine a 70 year old woman named Peanut? I can't! Our little one will be getting a traditional name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment