Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Month and Some Tests

I just got home from a nice relaxing week in Maui. Now I am preparing for another trip. The nice thing about traveling and being busy is that I don't have as much time to think too much during the two week wait. July 1st is when I will test. Fortunately I will be in a conference next week, which will keep me mentally occupied so I don't try to think too hard about symptoms.

Speaking of symptoms, my breasts hurt so bad during my fertile window this month. Now they hurt far less, but are still tender. This is a new twist for me. Usually the heaviness and strong pain comes after ovulation. For the last three days I have also had strong stomach cramping. Don't know what is going on with my body, but neither are symptoms I have ever had before. I am trying not to get my hopes up and need a distraction.

I had my annual exam yesterday and the doctor wants to see me in August for a possible referral for infertility since we have been trying so long. They also referred me to a Rheumatologist, who I visit today. My CD3 blood work came back with a slightly positive ANA test. The doctor today said 8% of women can have a positive test and have nothing wrong with them. I am hoping that is my case. He did not seem to find anything in a physical exam, but wants to run more tests. So now I have to have my blood drawn for the third time this year. I get queasy and cannot look at the needle. I will call tomorrow and schedule. At least I don't have to fast! He also wants me to have a nerve test done. I scheduled that for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment